Update Service Reference not working?

The integration provided by Visual Studio between Silverlight and and WCF Service is good but can be frustrating. Here are a couple of simple things to try when things don’t appear to be working;
1. I’ve created/changed my service but when I update the reference or attempt to discover the new sevice it can’t be found – make sure the service has built by rebuilding the service
2. I’ve changed the service and ran ‘update the service reference’ but my Silverlight code cannot see the changes, in fact it seems to have lost all references to the proxy code – rebuild (not compile) the Silverlight project.
 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Silverlight. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s